Ringo Starr has postponed several tour dates after being diagnosed with Covid-19.
According to a representative, Starr is already feeling better and intends to resume her tour on October 11 in Seattle.
“Ringo hopes to get back to work as soon as possible and is recovering at home. As always, he and the All Starrs send peace and love to their fans and hope to see them back on the road soon,” a statement said.
Over the weekend, it was announced that Starr and his All Starr Band had been forced to cancel shows at Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo Michigan and Mystic Lake Casino in Prior Lake, MN due to illness.
The former Beatle was scheduled to perform in Michigan on Saturday night, but the venue posted a notice that the show had been canceled just hours before it was due to start.
“Ringo and His All Starr Band (with Steve Lukather, Edgar Winter, Colin Hay, Hamish Stuart, Warren Ham and Gregg Bissonette) are very disappointed to announce that they will not be able to perform at Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo. MI,” the casino wrote in a statement on Facebook.
The statement added that Starr “hoped to be able to continue, hence the late decision, but it affected her voice, so tonight’s show, scheduled to start in a few hours, was cancelled.”
Initially, the venue said that Starr did not have covid.
Concertgoers were advised to hold on to their tickets for updates on a new performance date or to seek a refund at the point of purchase.
Starr and his gang are currently in a multi-stop north american tourand they recently performed on Friday.
The other affected tour dates include performances scheduled for cities across Canada.