More than it seems. prince harry offered a look at how prince william Y King Charles III he reacted to his actual exit, and it was not pleasant.
During the second part of harry and meghanwhich began airing on Thursday 15 December, Harry, 38, discussed how a meeting at Sandringham House with his family in January 2020 fractured his relationship with William, 40, and Charles, 74.
“[I] He entered with the same proposal that we had already made publicly [about stepping down as senior working members]. But once I got there, they gave me five options,” explained the Duke of Sussex, noting that Meghan Markle he was not invited. “One being, all within, unchanged. Five being, all out. I chose option three at the meeting. Half in, half out.”
Harry recalled that he quickly realized that his and Meghan’s futures were “not up for discussion or debate” at the time.
“It was terrifying to see my brother yell and yell at me, and my father say things that just weren’t true, and my grandmother [Queen Elizabeth II] Sit quietly and take it all in,” she shared, noting that she did not blame the late monarch for her reaction. “But you have to understand that, from the perspective of the family, especially from hers, there are ways of doing things, and her kind of mission, goal, and pared down responsibility is the institution.”
As he pondered the exit, Harry candidly discussed the aftermath with his brother. “I mean, the saddest part was this rift created between me and my brother, so he’s now siding with the institution,” he continued. “Part of it, I get it. I understand, right? That is his inheritance. So, to some degree, it’s already ingrained in him that part of his responsibility is the survival and continuation of this institution.”
Harry then brought up the joint statement that was issued about him and William without their consent.
“That day [of the meeting], a story came out saying that part of the reason Meghan and I were leaving was because William had bullied us,” the UK native detailed, adding that the joint statement was attributed to him and William. “I could not believe it. Nobody had asked me. No one had asked my permission to put my name on a statement like that.”
He continued: “I called M and told him, and he burst into tears because in four hours they were happy to lie to protect my brother, and yet for three years, they were never willing to tell the truth. to protect us. So there was no other choice at this point. I said, ‘We have to get out of here.’
Meghan, 41, for her part, opened up about her state of mind as they prepared to move from the UK to Canada (and then California), explaining that William’s statement triggered her because she felt the palace was never ready. to deny negative stories about her. .
“Suddenly the thing that clicked in my head was, ‘It’s never going to stop,’” he told cameras on Thursday. “Every rumor, every negative thing, every lie, everything that I knew wasn’t true, and that the palace knew wasn’t true and internally they knew wasn’t true, that was only being allowed to fester.”
The palace has yet to publicly address the claims by Harry and Meghan appearing on harry and meghan.